- Advise and update clients on all meaningful events and discussions during the claim ensuring complete customer happiness
- Regularly assess the status of claims with clients / insurers / recovery agents/solicitors (as applicable) and ensure that all parties are informed of progress or chased for updates as necessary.
- Can you offer appropriate technical advice to clients throughout the duration of the claim? Be encouraging, compassionate and effectively handle their expectations? Your role is focussed on regarding the claim process, timescales, policy and/or legal liability and quantum.
- You will liaise with your Line Manager regarding any issues, queries or areas of concern which may arise. Ensuring you bring to your Line Manager’s attention any claims complaints (in addition to following the company’s general complaints procedure)
- Ensure market / insurance / legislation and other technical knowledge is developed and maintained to enable efficient claims handling and that Business systems are updated regularly and that data held is 100% accurate at all times, to facilitate accurate claims reporting.
- Process all claim notifications, further advices and collections in accordance with the Claims Division’s procedures.
- Update insurers and recovery agents and inform of any additional information acquired during the claims process. Review insurer’s, recovery agents and solicitors queries and resolve wherever possible
- Ensure that claims statistics, when required by the client, Placing Department or insurers on risk, are accurate and produced in accordance to SLAs
- Ensure all relevant inward/outward correspondence is added to each claim file in the correct order, including contemporaneous notes of any telephone conversations / meetings